Snowfall Press is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Snowfall Press may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 1, 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Information related to your books
- Information about your business so that we can better serve
you. This includes
- Business address
- A contact representative’s name
- Return address
- Logos and organizational preferences
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Depending on how you use our services we may ask you for information about your accounts on other websites in order to provide e-commerce services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Payments, account balance, and past orders
- Customer service
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We want these to be directly relevant to you and you may unsubscribe at any time if you find that they are not.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our data is stored in the Amazon Web Services platform. You can go to aws.amazon.com to review their security procedures. In short, servers are firewalled and data access is tightly controlled. We encrypt your login information so that in the event of a breach, your passwords should not be exposed. We encrypt, at a minimum, all communication during log-in and check-out. We never store your credit card information, though if you elect to do so we may ask our credit card processor to store that information for us.
A cookie is a small file which stores data from a website. We use this to maintain login state and to analyze traffic and usage from our customers.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you decline cookies, you will be unable to log in to the Snowfall Press website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously given Snowfall Press permission to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the “remove” link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be charged for this record retrieval. If you would like a copy of the information held in our servers, please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.